Senior Java Engineer
EVRYTHNG is the Internet of Things Smart Products Platform that connects any consumer product to the Web, and manages real-time data to drive applications. The world’s leading consumer product manufacturers work with EVRYTHNG to manage billions of intelligent online identities in the cloud for their products, deliver real-time interactive experiences and support services to consumers, and connect with the ecosystem of other applications and products in their digital lives.
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Java Engineer with a background in large-scale web applications, robust data-stores and distributed systems. You will join a switched on, funny and hyper-intelligent team, developing a highly scalable IoT Platform and robust web infrastructure and application engine to manage active digital identities for objects. Our technology is used by well-known global brands.
As a Senior Java Engineer you will have proven ability of elegant and serious application delivery. You are someone who prides yourself on delivering software that oozes elegance and efficiency, is highly scalable, highly performing, and delivers a world-class solution to the requirements of our clients. Ideally from an Agile background you will be comfortable with two week release cycles and having a strong input in Sprint sessions.
As a Java Engineer you will be responsible for building Java micro-services on top of our IoT Platform. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to drive / coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the platform. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential.
- Splitting the core of our IoT Platform into smaller independent microservices
- Making sure all your code is properly tested at every stage of the SDLC
- Design & Implement new functionality for our top of the class IoT Platform
- Write Java-based REST services
- Design and implement a state-for-the art API for the Web of Things that communicates with and serves the needs of billions of physical things
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions
- Manage Continuous Delivery processes, including automated building, testing and packaging processes
- Contribute to documentation (e.g. instructional & technical specifications) as and where required
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends – particularly with regards to security, accessibility, usability, and related emerging technologies
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the implementation of microservice architectures
- Strong proficiency with Java, 5+ years experience
- High availability, low latency systems
- Experience with NoSQL datastores (ideally MongoDB)
- Test first, deliver value focused
- Amazon AWS hosted applications
- Strong algorithmic/data structures skills
- You have experience with distributed Java apps deployed to Web servers (Jetty, Netty, etc.)
- Experience working with RESTful architecture in the Java (JAX-RS, Jersey, etc.)
- Previous experience of splitting one central Core JAVA application into smaller, independent micro-services.
- Big Data experience will be valuable
- Versatile ( Scala, NodeJS or any other language will be beneficial )
- Internet of Things – Production or as a hobbyist
- Enterprise security knowledge
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Experience working within cloud-based/SaaS environments
- Degree educated (BA/BS)
EVRYTHNG offers a competitive salary, high earning potential and the ability to experience a high growth startup operating in the most exciting business environment around. This is not a role for a passenger but a challenging and rewarding role for a high potential candidate who wants to make a huge leap in their personal and professional development.