Senior Engineer in Analytics
EVRYTHNG is the Internet of Things Smart Products Platform that connects any consumer product to the Web, and manages real-time data to drive applications. The world’s leading consumer product manufacturers work with EVRYTHNG to manage billions of intelligent online identities in the cloud for their products, deliver real-time interactive experiences and support services to consumers, and connect with the ecosystem of other applications and products in their digital lives.
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Big Data Senior Engineer with a background in large-scale platforms, robust data-stores and distributed systems. You will join a switched on, funny and hyper-intelligent team, developing a highly scalable IoT Platform and robust web infrastructure and application engine to manage active digital identities for objects. Our technology is used with well-known global brands.
As our Big Data Senior Engineer you will have proven ability of elegant and serious application delivery. You are someone who prides yourself on delivering solutions that ooze elegance and efficiency, are highly scalable, highly performing, and delivers a world-class experience to the requirements of our clients. Ideally from an Agile background you will be comfortable with two week release cycles and having a strong input in Sprint sessions.
As a Big Data Senior Engineer you will be responsible for the Analytics pipeline on top of our IoT Platform. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these pipeline, and to drive / coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the platform. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential.
- The role will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for new development, feature additions, maintenance and support of a number of key components of Big Data products and technologies
- Responsible for all development activities required to deliver solutions that meet the business needs
- Play a starring role in the development of AWS based systems, designing and delivering value-adding changes to existing or new systems
- Work hand in hand with the Business to understand and assess their needs and requirements
- Come up with inspiring and innovative solutions to meet the objectives and deliver value to the business
- Spot performance bottlenecks and work out how to unblock them speedily, and preferably forever
- Application support providing second and third line support
- An exemplary role model who is passionate about good coding standards and best practices
- Making sure all your code is properly tested at every stage of the SDLC
- Design & Implement new functionality for our top of the class IoT Platform
- Design and implement a state-for-the art Web APIs for the Web of Things that communicates with and serves the needs of billions of physical things
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends – particularly with regards to security, accessibility, usability, and related emerging technologies
The successful candidate would have to possess the majority of the following experience:
- A very strong data analytics or data mining background, experience with Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, common/reusable components, Audit Controls, ETL Framework
- Experience in design, development and maintenance of scalable data management and analytics solutions.
- Experience with big data tools such as Hadoop and Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with the AWS big data ecosystem: Kinesis Streams, Kinesis Analytics, Redshift, EMR, Athena, DynamoDB, S3 and AWS Lambda.
- Experience with NoSQL technologies and in particular Cassandra, MongoDB,
- Strong Java skills, with an impressive track record of Java development (5+ years experience)
- Good working knowledge of Linux, shell scripting
- Release Management skills, delivering new projects or features to production via the Ops Team
- Strong algorithmic/data structures skills
- Experience with RESTful Web Services.
- Previous experience of splitting one central Core Java application into smaller, independent microservices.
- Versatile ( Node, Scala or any other language will be beneficial )
- Internet of Things – Production or as a hobbyist
- Experience working within cloud-based/SaaS environments
- Degree educated (BA/BS)
EVRYTHNG offers a competitive salary, high earning potential and the ability to experience a high growth startup operating in the most exciting business environment around. This is not a role for a passenger but a challenging and rewarding role for a high potential candidate who wants to make a huge leap in their personal and professional development.